2014/08/05

Inspiration ... South Asian Influence


When I visit South Asian countries, I like searching for home deco. But you know, we only have tiny space in HK, which means by no chance I can take some huge stuff back home. Therefore, I usually search for some tiny special pieces.
Mask is a symbolic item from Sri Lanka. Traditional mask is craved from light Balsa (some kind of wood), which is for dancing rituals. Plus, different masks represents different evils/ goddess, which I obviously have no idea the story behind the masks. Anyway, now, these kind of masks are sold on the street as touristic souvenirs. That's why I got one of it.
My boyfriend told me the god of this mask protect the family from bad mouthing.
Little elephant from Sri Lanka as well
Shell is very common in Asian country

1 comment: